GE provides advanced gas turbine cycles for ship propulsion.
Propulsion architecture is based on the power required, the duty cycle, environmental concerns and many other factors. Below are a few of the most popular cycles used for ship propulsion employing GE Marine gas turbines:
- Combined gas turbine system mechanical drive - driving propellers (COGAG)
- Combined gas turbine and diesel mechanical drive (CODAG)
- Combined gas turbine or diesel mechanical drive (CODOG)
- Hybrid drive options: combined diesel electric or gas turbine (CODOG)
- Integrated electric propulsion combined gas turbine and/or diesel electric